survey results: reasons for choosing a database

On 8/9/07, Gordon Marx <gcmarx-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Desire to (not?) start a big giant flamewar on the BLU list! :--)

It is easy to let the monkeys rule the monkey house and let it
degenerate into a flame war, but there's some interesting stuff we can
talk about, too. I was impressed and pleased with the level of
penetration MySQL and PostgreSQL appears to have into the market
(although the market wasn't clearly specified, and including Access
and Oracle on the chart makes me wonder who the survey recipients were
and if they understood the questions.)

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC