Best way to install a custom kernel on multiple nodes

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Vinay Perneti wrote:

> I have a custom kernel (2.6.21) with some nfs stuff modified. I know how to
> build and install the kernel on a single machine. However, I was trying to
> find the best way to install it on multiple nodes. One of the obvious ways
> is to make rpm packages and use them ( The nodes i'm trying to install the
> kernel run Redhat enterprise edition 5).

Since these machines are running Redhat Enterprise I'm assuming that these
systems are important and sensitive enough to warrant the purhcase of
licenses and support from Redhat.

You may want to consider just applying your NFS changes to the kernel that
Redhat provides by modifying their source RPMs.  That way you get your
changes without throwing away the large amount of testing that Redhat puts
into their kernels.

Greg

believed to be clean.