Telco switches to Ubuntu from RHEL for one reason...

On 8/8/07, David Kramer <david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> If paid support is so important to business Linux users, then why is
> CentOS so popular (#13 of 100 at DistroWatch at 550 hits per day this week)?

I can't speculate why everyone else chooses CentOS, but I can tell you
why my boss wanted it over Ubuntu for some of our servers.  His
reasoning was that other system administrators would not have the
skill set to manage the Ubuntu servers.  So, in this case, the
decision had nothing to do with paid support, but rather administrator
savvy-ness.

You might have missed that Ubuntu is #1 on distrowatch though :-)
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.