Telco switches to Ubuntu from RHEL for one reason...

David's and Rusty's replies underscore the point I was trying to make
earlier: there isn't one definition of "geared for business", because linux
gets used in such a wide variety of contexts (thanks to it being so damn
useful!).  Telcos will pay a premium so they can have someone to choke,
because they're using it a mission-critical capacity.  Small offices
probably need extremely cheap, esp. if the service being provided by the
linux box is non-essential.

So you're both right ;-)

Rusty wrote:
> I actually work for a company that provides many Telcos ENUM solutions and
> most of them use RHEL or Solaris not because of the usability (or lack there
> of in solaris)  but because they have the ability to pay for support
> contracts and that if something goes wrong they have a throat to choke.
> When they are using something that they do not pay for if the OS crashes a
> server and phone calls stop being routed to the correct locations then they
> cannot go after someone who they are not buying support contracts from.

believed to be clean.