what is "Boost" and its thread library?

R. Luoma wrote:

> I am trying buid from source
> an image processing tool called "hugin"
> (http://hugin.sourceforge.net/)
> [you folks get to make thoughtful raven comments only if you help me]
>
> I am getting stuck on the "configure" because it claims
> that there is no "boost thread library" (even though the library exists).
>
> I have tried "apt-get" and such.
>
> I have tried compiled and installing boost from source.
>
> Nothing works (so far).
>
> Does anyone have useful suggestions?

Make sure the boost-devel package (or similar, depending on your distro) is
installed.  Then run
 ./configure --help

and look for ways to tell it where boost is (maybe
--with-boost=$BOOST_ROOT_DIR or something).  Then re-run configure with that
option and see if it finds it.

HTH,
Matt

believed to be clean.