Any comment on Asterisk?

Next week's BLU meeting is about Trixbox, which is based on Asterisk.

Daniel Feenberg wrote:

> Last month (or maybe the month before) there was a very good
> presentation at Back Bay Lisa (bblisa.org) on Asterisk. See
> http://www.bblisa.org/past.html .
>
> Daniel Feenberg
>
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Dave Peters wrote:
>
>> My company phone system is quite old and need to
>> replace. I am looking for the option. We are small
>> company and have around 60 people.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -Dave
>> --- Dan Ritter <dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>>> the
>>> at?
>>>
>>> You need to explain what you are doing.
>>>
>>> Asterisk is a software PBX. It can handle various
>>> scenarios from
>>> a home office up through a large enterprise, but the
>>> hardware
>>> and support requirements are very, very different.
>>> Unless you
>>> enjoy telephone geeking, you are unlikely to want to
>>> put in the
>>> effort to learn Asterisk solely for your personal
>>> use.
>>>
>>> I enjoy telephone geeking, and it fits my needs and
>>> that of my
>>> small company.
>>>
>>> -dsr-
>>>
>>> --
>>> .. .----. --   .-. . .- -.. .. -. --.   -.-- --- ..-
>>> .-.   -- .- .. .-.. .-.-.-   .-- .... ---   . .-..
>>> ... .   .. ... ..--..
>>> http://tao.merseine.nu/~dsr/eula.html is hereby
>>> incorporated by reference.

>> Need a vacation? Get great deals
>> to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
>> http://travel.yahoo.com/
>>
>> --
>> believed to be clean.

John Abreau
IT Manager
Zuken USA
238 Littleton Rd., Suite 100
Westford, MA 01886
T: 978-392-1777            F: 978-692-4725
M: 978-764-8934
E: John.Abreau-3flU0AWMlV4AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org  W: www.zuken.com

believed to be clean.