Don't buy an iPhone-- buy a Neo1973

Samuel Baldwin wrote:
>> Lesse.  Both their main website and their wiki are currently down (web
>> server not responding and MySQL not responding, respectively).  I don't
>> think I want to buy a phone from a company that can't keep their web
>> server up and running.
>
> This doesn't bode well :/

	I'd hold off on too much of the negativity just yet...  openmoko.org
(including the wiki) has been working intermittently (I was looking
earlier for a discussion elsewhere) and many has been the server, both
high and low, humbled by a /. story.

I'd also be less worried about a phone company that can't keep its
webserver up than the fact that my phone company couldn't keep its phone
activation infrastructure up...

	Somebody also mentioned the GSM stack...  Apparently there are no open
or openable GSM stacks (same old story there) but the GSM portion of the
phone was separated off and black boxed.  I seem to recall another
component was done like that as well, but my memory is hazy.

Frank

believed to be clean.