Digital tuner cards and Verizon

Tom,

Tom Metro <blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> writes:

> RCN
> They don't seem to offer an "extended basic" for digital channels that
> doesn't also include premium movie channels. The closest they had was
> "Basic Cable TV with DigitalVisionPlus" for $69, which also includes
> Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, Encore, and The Movie Channel. On the up
> side, RCN includes one digital receiver box in the price, though I'd
> prefer to use a service that was directly compatible with a tuner
> card.
>
> (On a side note, RCN was the only site that required entering a
> validated street address before they'd offer pricing. I plugged in a
> neighbors address and it told me they were already an RCN
> subscriber. Kinda scary.)

I have RCN with DigitalVisionPlus and an HD Box (Motorola DCT6200).
The HD box has Firewire output and MythTV can not only change the
channels on the box through firewire but can also record over the
firewire.  No tuner cards necessary.  It can even record content
off the Showtime/Cinemax/Starz/etc. HD channels.  :)

I'm quite pleased.

-derek

       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available

believed to be clean.