random system freeze

A couple other items to think about -

I once troubleshot a quad processor 32 GB server.   The person claimed
there were "memory" issues.   They also provided their copy of SuSE.

After two or three consecutive successful installs over a two or three day
period, I finally got an error.  Googling revealed a possible data
transfer rate problem between the scsi controller and the hard drive.
The rate was 320.  The suggestion was to change to 80.

I made the change for the channels of the drives, and several repeated
installs later, no problem.

So sometimes the most unexpected items can cause problems, even if they
don't leave any or obvious traces in logs, be it video, hard drive
controllers, or RAM.

Oh the fun of troubleshooting.   Keeps us all pretty much employed and
busy!

Scott

believed to be clean.