Nokia 770 Internet Tablet

Dan Ritter wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:40:41AM -0400, Tom Metro wrote:
>> Buy.com is promoting the obsolete Nokia 770 Internet Tablet today:
>> http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204081472&adid=17653&dcaid=17653
>> for $140 (free shipping).
>>
>> At less than half the price of the latest model, it might be worth
>> comparing specs to see if the newer model is really worth the premium.
>
> The screen and backlight are the same. Some folks may want to
> buy the old one just as an e-book reader and occasional web
> browser (802.11 b/g).
>
> The RAM was increased on the 800. That's not upgradable, and is
> probably a larger speed boost than the small MHz upgrade.

The other difference I noticed is that the 770 only works with "RS-MMC
(Reduced Size - MultiMediaCard)", while the 800 supports that, as well
as the more common SD and other formats.

The RS-MMC cards carry a price premium. All the other gadgets I own use
SD or microSD cards.

For those of you who own 770s, have you bothered to buy additional
cards, or do you find you get adequate utility from the device using the
  supplied card?

If I bought a 770, the uses would include being a document reader, some
web surfing, and as a convenient way to interact with MythWeb (the web
UI for settings schedules in MythTV) from the living room.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA