Install Ubuntu on Windows as an Application

Wubi is cool.  I tried it on my wife's XP Home system, and liked what I
saw.

Now, if a virus/infection takes down Windows, or some web site installs a
keyboard-capture program, or something else happens, with Ubuntu installed
in a file, as opposed to a dedicated partition, I can't see how a Windows
infection would affect the Ubuntu installation, but am wondering if anyone
else can?

Thanks.

Scott