[was = Warning! A Linux Commercial] Flash Sucks

Martin Owens wrote:
> My real complaint is that it's one of the few web technologies that is
> non w3c and non de jour standard in an industry of web standards.
> Content production managers have become complacent that there is any
> issue or difference between an open standard and a closed one simply
> because of the success of the open ones they seem to almost assume
> anything successful is open by nature.
>
> Hopefully things in the future will change since I see no reason to
> keep flash closed.

Hopefully Flash becomes an open standard at some point.  There is no way
companies will invest in an even newer technology unless it has some
great benefits.  Youtube and Google would need to be the first to pave
the way for such a transition.  This is unlikely to happen, so we must
hope that Flash is opened at some point :-)
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.