Accessing Windows share without mount?

I believe both of the automounter packages, am-utils and autofs, have
support
for cifs filesystems. I've found on various distributions that often one
of them
would work and the other wouldn't, but I always managed to get one of them
working.

Once it's set up, you'd access the share via

    /smb/windows_machine/share

and it would automount whenever you accessed it, and auto-unmount after
a configurable timeout period.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager