My AMD Athlon 64x2 upgrade

markw-FJ05HQ0HCKaWd6l5hS35sQ at public.gmane.org writes:

> I upgraded to 64 bit dual core AMD Athlon 64X2 with 4gig of ram with two
> monitors on an nVidia card.

I've got an Athlon64 FX2 in my myth frontend.  I'm running FC6 x86_64.
(I tried Fedora 7 but the new firewire stack in F7 doesn't work and
wont talk to my cablebox).  The only issue I've had with it is that
the supplied CPU fan sounds like a jet engine when I'm watching HDTV,
so I'm looking at new CPU cooling systems that might be much quieter.

Does anyone have experience with AMD (AM2 socket) cooling systems?
Any recommendations, or anti-recommendations?  Anyone tried something
like http://www.zalmanusa.com/ ?

-derek
       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available

believed to be clean.