MySQL RANT

I use MySQL on my home brew web stuff but wouldn't use it on real
world applications, these are just some of the problems I have
personaly found:

 * Lack of streaming on blobs, network congestion problems with large
data blobs.
 * Lack of Date/Time arithmetic caused me to have to implement it in
perl (annoyed)
 * Indexing problems when dealing with multi indexed tables that
contain incremental values
 * Creating multi-table queries takes forever and execution just isn't
efficient although they've been getting better.

My business reason:
 * MySQL business says you ca't use the GPL for business use when you
can and they confuse deliberately customers into thinking they have to
license it under commercial terms.

Other than those things? I wouldn't say I'd fire someone, I'm from
Europe we don't do that sort of thing. some education by a more
experienced sys-admin or developer may be order. we don't want people
to hate postgress just because some heartless jerk fired you for not
being a genius.

Regards, Martin