Weird behavior while building Kernel Objects

I did a make-kpkg clean and re-compiled the whole kernel, and it updated the
changes.

I was doing it wrong previously. Now, I know what i'm doing wrong but don't
know how to fix it.

I read up a bit on the linux device drivers and things made more sense..

First i built it using the make file i mentioned above, during which, some
of the symbols still remain unresolved. These symbols are from files in the
same directory, somehow they don't get linked to the file i change.

When i do insmod nfs4xdr.ko i get an error message saying
"error inserting 'nfs4xdr.o' : -1 Unknown symbol in module'

and when i look at the /var/log/messages it has a bunch of logs showing a
bunch of unknown symbols. The issue is that i need to link the symbols which
are there in the same directory but in different files and then install the
module!

On 6/8/07, Kristian Hermansen <kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Vinay Perneti wrote:
> > I really cant figure out where the kernel is using the binaries from?
> Isn't
> > it from the directory /lib/modules/ ?
>
> It should be!
>
> > There is no pNFS module as such, but the nfs is already selected to be
> > built
> > as a module.
>
> Then you should be able to modprobe whatever module it should be.
> Probably ask around in #kernel and see what's up.  That's your best bet.
>   Did you find anyone there that could help?

cant get through to the server, i think the port is blocked at work.
--
-Vinay

believed to be clean.