fedora 7

Stephen Adler wrote:
> Just wanted to get some first impressions. Is it a step forward,
> backward, it don't work, works great. What features stand out...

SETroubelshoot is pretty slick.  I know they added it late to FC6, but it's
in the default install now.

They took out some of the SELinux policy modules that allowed you to exempt
an entire daemon.  I see how those were a hack to begin with, but now I have
to figure out how to make SELinux play nice(r) with my screwy setup...

I was really impressed with the libata transition.  Given some of the
traffic on the list recently regarding fstab problems after upgrading other
distros, I was expecting bad things, esp given that I'm using LVM+SW-RAID.
But everything got updated with the new device files and just worked.

Yum is orders of magnitude faster (except close to release day ;-) )

The fast-user switching is kind of cool.  I've mostly just toyed with it so
far though.

Some people are bound to dislike the xdg-user-dirs.  I tend to be irritated
by things that automatically create non-hidden directories in my $HOME, but
I spend entirely too much time navigating my filesystem when saving files
via firefox and the like, so maybe I won't disable it yet...

Matt

believed to be clean.