fedora 7

On Jun 03, 2007, at 15:42, Kristian Hermansen wrote:

> On 6/3/07, Stephen Adler <adler-wRvlPVLobi1/31tCrMuHxg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> My main issue with upgrading to the next fedora level is that after
>> struggling with the install, most of it being the final setup with
>> all
>> the multi-media bells and whistles properly working, the system
>> basically looks and feels just like the N-1 version I just had...
>
> If you want bells and whistles, then install Ubuntu Feisty and enable
> Desktop Effects...

s/Ubuntu Feisty/Any Modern Distro/ ...

For example, Fedora 7 has all the same stuff available. The only bits
you have to add from a 3rd-party repo are a few multimedia bits and/
or maybe some binary-only video drivers or wireless drivers.

/me currently runs Fedora 7 on five different architectures -- x86,
x86_64, ia64, ppc and ppc64, and pretty much everything always Just
Works. Well, except xen on ia64 right now...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org