Web front-ends for maildrop?

John Abreau wrote:
> I have a Courier mail server, which uses maildrop .mailfilter files
> for per-user filtering...
> Is there a better tool I can set up for my users that can
> handle the "cc" rule correctly?

I'm sure this isn't the answer you're looking for, but the overall
better tool might be Dovecot IMAP server, which includes a Local
Delivery Agent (LDA) and supports a plug-in that implements the Sieve
mail filtering language:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA

My understanding is that Sieve is supported by multiple products, which
increases your chances of finding a decent web UI for editing Sieve rules.

> What do others use to maintain their .mailfilter files?

I used maildrop as an LDA up until recently, but migrated away from it
as soon as I could, because I found the lead developer to be hostile to
new ideas, and it had a small support community. I maintained
.mailfilter files with a text editor.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro