Galaxy Internet Services?

On Thu, 31 May 2007 23:52:53, John Chambers <jc-8FIgwK2HfyJMuWfdjsoA/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The third reason is that the few times  I've  talked  to  speakeasy's
> support  people,  when  I  tell them I have a linux firewall, I could
> hear the smiles on their faces.  They instantly switched to geek mode
> and  told me what I wanted to know without the usual baby talk.  It's
> nice to know that there are helpful, cooperative people  available to
> help with problems.

Contrast this with the phone conversation I had with a Comcast
representative this morning.  I informed him that every time I sent
large enough packets, the first hop ISP router (not my internal
router) would seemingly drop a few and also result in high latency.  I
also noticed ICMP Echo Reply packets resulting in CRC errors, which is
highly unusual.  When I tried explaining this to the representative,
he told me it was an issue with Internet Explorer.  He was perplexed
when I informed him that I was not using IE and that this actually had
nothing to do with the application I was using.  He then proclaimed
that he was an expert with 5 years of Windows XP and Vista experience.
 I tried one more time to give him the IP of the router in question,
but he then said the funniest thing of all -- "that's out of our
control".  I said, "but it's your router, Comcast owns that IP!".  The
response?  "We can't do anything about the websites which are not
working for you, no matter where they are.  Is there anything else I
can help you with today?".  And then I just gave up...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.