Ubuntu 7.04 and power saving on a laptop

On 5/31/07, Scott Ehrlich <scott-3s7WtUTddSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> With the above said, what magic do I need to perform to keep the hard
> drive always running?   If it comes down to a custom kernel, I'll do it,
> but I would have to believe a daemon or other feature already available
> can control the task.

Check out /etc/acpi/*.sh.  Maybe you can rename the ones that may be
causing the issue you are seeing.  For instance, lid.sh is called
whenever I close the lid on my laptop.  If I renamed it, and I closed
the lid, the script would not be called.  There are probably many
other scripts that you can hack around with in there.  Go exploring
and let us know what you find :-)
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.