Datacenters in Boston area

*sigh*  Must sleep more.

The first group are just colocation providers.  The small ones rent space in
someone else's datacenter and the larger ones own their own DCs.

>  * Towardex - Emailed for quote on the Boston DC.
>  * Switch & Data - DC in Waltham. 42U minimum.
>  * Internap - DC in Somerville. 42U minimum.
>     o Fluid Hosting - They offer colo in Internap's DC. Accepts 1U. Too pricey.
>     o Colospace - Another Internap customer. Accepts 1U.
>     o Server City - Via Internap again. Good prices. Accepts 1U.
>  * Navisite - DC in Andover.
>  * Boston Datacenters - Huge! 15U minimum.
>  * Hosting.com - Big building/operation.
>  * Northeast Data Vault - Located in Marlboro, MA underneath the old RCN office.
>  * MCI Colocation - 3 flavors to choose from.
>  * Level 3 - 70 DCs across the US.
>     o Iland - Rents colo space from L3. Pretty good pricing.
>  * Vericenter - Somewhere in Boston.
>  * Basespace.net - Alex Aminoff's business.

This is the actual DC list.  The "who's got the best DC in Boston" topic comes
up on the BBLisa mailing list with some regularity.  Most of the anecdotal
quotes are from that list.

> Data Centers Around Boston
>
>  * Switch & Data - 74 West St, Waltham. Pretty good rep with BBLisa list.
>  * Internap - 70 Inner Belt Road, Somerville
>  * Navisite - 400 Minuteman Rd, Andover, 52,000 sq ft. Well regarded on the
>     BBLisa list.
>  * MCI Billerica - Many props on the BBLisa list as being the best DC in
>     Boston metro, but mentioned as pricey. 74k sq ft.
>  * Allegiance Telecom (bad rep) - Bought Harvardnet. If it's the same DC,
>     it's on the 8th floor of the Prudential Center.
>  * Hosting.com - 21-27 Burlington St, Boston. Near Fenway, 76,000 sq ft, 5
>     floors.
>  * Boston Datacenters - 500 Rutherford Ave, Charleston.
>  * Level3 - Via Iland's web site. 300 Bent St, Cambridge. 36k sqft.
>  * AT&T in Watertown, 2 blocks from the Arsenal.
>  * NE Data Vault - Nice facility in Marlboro. I've been in it during
>      construction.
>  * Vericenter -
>  * Basespace.net - 175 Richdale Ave. #121, Cambridge, MA 02140

-b

--
lisp doesn't look any deader than usual to me.         <david thornley>

believed to be clean.