Datacenters in Boston area

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:55:55AM -0400, Matt Shields wrote:
> Anyone have a list of datacenters in the Boston area, basically inside
> the 128 loop. Here's a few I have, but I'm looking for others.

I had put together this list a while back.  Some of it may be out of date, and
some of it flat out wrong. :P  Actually, I have outside 128 on here too.

 * Towardex - Emailed for quote on the Boston DC.
 * Switch & Data - DC in Waltham. 42U minimum.
 * Internap - DC in Somerville. 42U minimum.
    o Fluid Hosting - They offer colo in Internap's DC. Accepts 1U. Too pricey.
    o Colospace - Another Internap customer. Accepts 1U.
    o Server City - Via Internap again. Good prices. Accepts 1U.
 * Navisite - DC in Andover.
 * Boston Datacenters - Huge! 15U minimum.
 * Hosting.com - Big building/operation.
 * Northeast Data Vault - Located in Marlboro, MA underneath the old RCN office.
 * MCI Colocation - 3 flavors to choose from.
 * Level 3 - 70 DCs across the US.
    o Iland - Rents colo space from L3. Pretty good pricing.
 * Vericenter - Somewhere in Boston.
 * Basespace.net - Alex Aminoff's business.

Data Centers Around Boston

 * Switch & Data - 74 West St, Waltham. Pretty good rep with BBLisa list.
 * Internap - 70 Inner Belt Road, Somerville
 * Navisite - 400 Minuteman Rd, Andover, 52,000 sq ft. Well regarded on the
    BBLisa list.
 * MCI Billerica - Many props on the BBLisa list as being the best DC in
    Boston metro, but mentioned as pricey. 74k sq ft.
 * Allegiance Telecom (bad rep) - Bought Harvardnet. If it's the same DC,
    it's on the 8th floor of the Prudential Center.
 * Hosting.com - 21-27 Burlington St, Boston. Near Fenway, 76,000 sq ft, 5
    floors.
 * Boston Datacenters - 500 Rutherford Ave, Charleston.
 * Level3 - Via Iland's web site. 300 Bent St, Cambridge. 36k sqft.
 * AT&T in Watertown, 2 blocks from the Arsenal.
 * NE Data Vault - Nice facility in Marlboro. I've been in it during
     construction.
 * Vericenter -
 * Basespace.net - 175 Richdale Ave. #121, Cambridge, MA 02140

Corrections welcome.

-b

--
the imagination imitates; it is the critical spirit that creates.
                                                    <oscar wilde>

believed to be clean.