Need mysql.so for Debian Sarge and PHP5

Kristian Hermansen wrote:
> On 5/27/07, Bill Horne <bill-CIZd1d4GmLheoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I'm looking for the binary of mysql.so, for PHP5 running under Debian
>> Sarge.
>
> I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish, but you can
> always search/download files from packages.debian.org.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=mysql.so&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=oldstable&arch=i386

I'm the webmaster for my son's Boy Scout troop. The ISP that hosts it
changed to PHP5, and in the process broke some of my code. I'm updating
my home server, which is the test platform for the site, to PHP5 so that
I have the same environment.

I did an apt-get install php5, and it uploaded a new version of Apache2.
All seems OK, except for the pages that use MySQL.

When I start Apache2, I get an error from PHP5 (the php.ini file has
been changed to send messages to a file) -

[27-May-2007 06:26:03] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load \
dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/mysql.so' - \
libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared object file: \
No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

So, I'm looking for the version of mysql.so that goes with PHP5, since
one of the web pages uses it, and it's now stalling at the function call
to MySQL.

HTH. All suggestions welcome.

Bill

--