mp-bios bug 8254 timer not connected

On 5/27/07, eric <eric-yrHdaQSNc4gdnm+yROfE0A at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> everything seemed to be functioning properly other than the error
> "mp-bios bug 8254 timer not connected".  so i ignored it at first
> thinking i'll get back to it later.  then...

Best thing to do would hop in #kernel or #fedora on irc.freenode.net
and start asking well formed questions...

> i install azureus.  my machine goes crash happy.  keeps freezing up.  so

Make sure you are using Sun's Java, and not gcj.  However, I don't
recommend Azureus personally to any of my friends, because it it so
bloated.  I went the other way and started using rtorrent :-)  But
hey, I use screen a lot...

> if you think that this is a message that can be ignored and is not
> effecting other apps i'll move on.  thanks for any tips.  - eric c.

Nothing should be ignored if it bothers you.  If someone can't answer
your question about fixing the issue, get into the source and start
digging!  You may find many more issues you would like to fix in
addition to the one that is bugging you :-)
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.