wierd problem

[adler at office00 PDS]$ xclock
Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached
Error: Can't open display: :0.0

Guys, I tried to open a terminal on my fedora core 6 system and I
couldn't. Then I went to an opened terminal window and tried running
xclock and got the error above. The problem is that I don't have that
many windows opened!! Could there be someone who managed to attach
themselves to the X11 and monitoring what I'm doing? Is there a way to
check to see what clients the X11 server is serving up to see just how
many is to many and to make sure there isn't anything funny going on on
my system?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers. Steve.

believed to be clean.