kernel modules

Matthew Gillen wrote:
>> So in case I'm dense how do I decipher this?
>
> You're not dense, that's pretty cryptic documentation.  I'd try the following
> in succession until one worked (independently first, then maybe in combination):
> 1) add "hdx=noprobe" to your kernel command line, where 'x' is the old IDE
> name for the device (ie 'a' for Primary on first IDE, 'd' for Secondary on
> second IDE)  (you can also try 'ideX=noprobe, which should be equivalent)
> 2) add "libata.atapi_enabled=0" to your kernel command line
> 3) add "combined_mode=ide" to your kernel command line (this will probably
> make your hard drives appear as hdxx instead of sdxx)
> 4) add "libata=0" to your kernel command line (same effect as #2 on your
> device names)
>
> Good luck,
> Matt

OK,
I ran through suggestions 1 - 4 to no avail. I did come up
with a solution though.
In rc.local I added the following:

MAKEDEV ht0 nht0

/sbin/rmmod ide-tape ide-scsi #sata_nv st sg libata
  modprobe ide-tape

It works and so do my backups. I will probably have to
modify it when I install Fc7.

Thanks again
	Jim KR

believed to be clean.