From: discuss-bounces at blu.org [mailto:discuss-bounces at blu.org] On Behalf
Of Matthew Gillen
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:57 AM
To: discuss at blu.org
Subject: laptops (Was: Re: No Go Lenovo)

David Kramer wrote:
> Two months to build and ship a laptop!  It's not like I ordered a
> Prius or something.

This thread was good for a morning chuckle :-)

On a related note, I've been looking at the Panasonic Toughbooks,
specifically the lightweight (3lb) one.  Does anyone have first hand
experience running linux on one?  Linuxlaptops.com says they mostly
work, except NdisWrapper is needed for wireless, which I sorely want to
avoid.

Is there a list somewhere of laptops that don't need NdisWrapper (or
similar
hack) for any built-in functionality?

Thanks,
Matt