kernel modules

Kristian Hermansen wrote:

> libata is far superior than the old IDE subsystem.  However, if you need
> to disable it for any reason, you should be able to pass an option to
> the kernel like libata=0.  Check the docs...

Yes, it looks like libata might be far superior as long as
you don't have devices that are out of the main stream. I
don't know which docs to read. Libata is too new to be in
the kernel parameters doc, and is not well documented
itself. Looking for something that the maintainers would
never think you would want to do...

Jim KR

believed to be clean.