4 Gig in new Prec 490 showing as 3 Gig?

Quoting Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com>:

> Run the program dmidecode and look for the following:
>
> As you can see my machine is limited to 2GB of ram, 1GB per slot.

And on my machine, the machine is limited to 4BG, but it only sees 3:

Memory Controller Information
        Error Detecting Method: None
        Error Correcting Capabilities:
                None
        Supported Interleave: One-way Interleave
        Current Interleave: One-way Interleave
        Maximum Memory Module Size: 2048 MB
        Maximum Total Memory Size: 4096 MB
        Supported Speeds:
                Other
        Supported Memory Types:
                DIMM
                SDRAM
        Memory Module Voltage: 2.9 V
        Associated Memory Slots: 2
                0x0008
                0x0009
        Enabled Error Correcting Capabilities:
                Unknown

Handle 0x0008, DMI type 6, 12 bytes.
Memory Module Information
        Socket Designation: DIMM Slot 1
        Bank Connections: 0 3
        Current Speed: Unknown
        Type: DIMM SDRAM
        Installed Size: 2048 MB (Double-bank Connection)
        Enabled Size: 2048 MB (Double-bank Connection)
        Error Status: OK

Handle 0x0009, DMI type 6, 12 bytes.
Memory Module Information
        Socket Designation: DIMM Slot 2
        Bank Connections: 4 7
        Current Speed: Unknown
        Type: DIMM SDRAM
        Installed Size: 2048 MB (Double-bank Connection)
        Enabled Size: 2048 MB (Double-bank Connection)
        Error Status: OK

Mem:       3088756     729264    2359492          0     136504     228924
-/+ buffers/cache:     363836    2724920
Swap:      2096440          0    2096440

-derek

believed to be clean.