Upcoming Installfest

On 4/29/07, Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217 at gmail.com> wrote:
> on it initially. Both my flash drives are on the "Drives that don't work"
> list,
> and I don't own an old copy of MechAssault. Now, I can go get these myself,
> but it's easier if anyone going owns a copy of MechAssault & a compatible
> flash drive (maybe someone that's done this before), and wouldn't mind me
> using them for a day.
>
> So, if anyone has these tools and is going to the installfest, and doesn't
> mind helping me out a little, give me a shout.

You don't need Mech Assault.  There are many methods available.  Since
yours is 1.0, you could probably use the font exploit, which is one of
the original hacks.  I am assuming you haven't upgraded your Xbox
kernel through Xbox Live or another game (which installed it without
your knowledge).  In any event, you will want to eventually use the
Ndure payload if your kernel has been updated.  Read up on it below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softmod

I have done this hack a few times, and if you bring your hardware, I
can give you a hand with it.  One thing to note is that you may need a
gamshark action replay and the older software which lets you transfer
gamesaves to the memory card which contain the executable payload...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.