spammers using my e-mail address

On 4/28/07, Stephen Adler <adler at stephenadler.com> wrote:
> It looks like some spammers have decided to put my address in the
> reply-to field in the spam they are sending out across the Internet. Is
> there a way of finding out who is doing them and getting them to stop?

Tell whoever emails you back the situation and have them forward you
the entire RAW message complete with headers.  Then try to trace back
to the X-Originating-IP.  However, it could be spoofed, or could be a
zombie box.  You never know.  You could invoke the CANSPAM act on them
once you find out, but it's probably useless.  If I were in your
shoes, I would determine some filter that could be used to block this
email coming into my inbox.  There's got be something unique about the
messages you are receiving...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.