domain hosters and no spam?

I have my domain hosted with pair.com.   I receive a good amount of spam
there.   Granted, I'm certainly willing to just hit the delete key.
Actually, the spam comes to a virtual mailbox.   I created a vmail box for
my wife, and she hardly gets any spam, and is often astonished at the
amount I get.

The account I write this message from - scott at mit.edu - hardly receives
any spam.  (so watch me get spammed!)

Pair.com is great to me, and I still have no problems deleting spam. But
if I were to change my hosting provider, are there any that are very
reliable, have good backup generator and network peering, and have an
excellent spam filtering system?

Thanks.

Scott

believed to be clean.