XOOPS: Watching a great project fall apart

James Kramer wrote:
> I am looking for a new CMS.  I have been using Plone for years but it
> is too much work upgrading to new versions and between Plone,  Zope
> and Apache things are changing fast.  I read Eric's lament concerning
> Xoops.  Xoops, on first glance, appears to be exactly what I was
> looking for.  I need an easy to install, use and upgrade CMS.  I would
> recommend any suggestions.

This is a way cool site:

http://www.opensourcecms.com

It lets you test drive virtually all the Open Source CMS platforms out there. Every
hour, the site for each of them gets re-initialized. It's pretty cool.

We looked at a bunch. My friend liked Joomla, while I thought MODx was incredibly
flexible. We decided to write our own using Django though.

--
Jonathan Arnold                       http://www.buddydog.org

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body
thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

believed to be clean.