M$ Exchange on Thunderbird?

On 4/23/07, Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I managed to find her a way for her to do her work without using ActiveX,
> but she still can't access her
> desktop, which has M$ Outlook connected to a M$ Exchange server. Without
> email, she can't really do her job.

Can she utilize VNC?

> A quick trip around google told me that this *might* be possible, but was
> not entirely clear.
> So, my question is, has anyone here managed to access a Microsoft Exchange
> server on
> Mozilla Thunderbird, or any other linux mail client? (Or if it's possible to
> run ActiveX on linux).

We have an IMAP server which I point Thunderbird at.  That works.  If
not, she should ask if her company has Outlook Web Access installed,
which doesn't require Outlook, but gives the same functionality to the
user via a standard browser.  Novell Evolution is also an option and
there are many howto's for getting that going.  So, choose your
poison.  If she has a decent connection, the least hassle will be to
install VNC.  Then she doesn't have to learn any new software.  You
could even enable Remote Desktop and use rdesktop to access it
remotely...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.