Debian or Ubuntu?

On 4/21/07, Samuel Baldwin <shardz4217 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This probably isn't what you want to hear, but my desktop has been
> running gentoo for a year now, and it's been great. Much more flexible
> than either debian or ubuntu.

Yes, Gentoo is great.  I used it for many years.  But, how long does
it take you to compile Gnome/KDE? :-)

> Of the two though (Debian & Ubuntu), I would definately pick Debian.
> Stuff in debian makes sense. Ubuntu drove me up the wall. It's not hard
> to setup Debian as a desktop (or Gentoo for that matter), and you get
> to choose what's happening, rather than on Ubuntu.

Can you be more specific?  Ubuntu is great for the desktop and chooses
the options that would most suit the end user.  However, Ubuntu is
still based on Debian and I don't see where your bias for Debian fits
in and on what level...

And for Flash on AMD64, you need to use nspluginwrapper:
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.