vi

gaf wrote:
> The first time I used Emacs was the Gosling (Unipress) emacs on
> a Cadmus system back in 1983 or 4.

Hey did y'all catch the article about DEC in today's Boston Globe?  KO donated
his papers to Gordon College (the same one that's also in the news, hosting a
Soulforce activist group that was turned away by every right-wing
school--never thought of KO as a right-winger but times have changed, we ask a
lot more questions about politics these days).

Well, Gerry, you and I are showing our age I guess.  I remember debating terms
of the future Gnu Public License with RMS at the tables of Hsing Hsing in
Central Square.  Unipress was a big motivator behind the GPL.  Coincidentally,
a close acquaintance of mine named Bruce Dawson created it.  It was a bit
surreal, having a legal battle between a housemate and a coworker.

Googling these is fun.  Dawson's current resume:
http://www.nefoss.com/twiki/pub/Main/BruceDawson/bruce.pdf .  Stallman's:
http://www.stallman.org/#serious

Turns out these days my politics are closer to Stallman's than Olsen's.  Times
have really changed...;-)

Now back to 2007... think I'll go pluck a couple of gray hairs and try to
forget 68020 cross-compiler internals.  ;-)

-rich

believed to be clean.