OpenSourceHowTo.org

> Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this.  One of the problems the
> Linux community faced is that there's a lot of information out there,
> but it's distributed over so many places, it's hard to know where to
> look.  Yes, you can Google things and find resources all over, but that
> helps you answer specific questions, not find out new things you didn't
> know about.  Since there are so many existing places like this, I think
> the user would have been better served if you posted your articles on an
> existing one.

Well your hardly the first person to say something along the line of

'wait on a minute, don't we already have this ... www.howtoforge.com'

or

'why not just contribute to tldp.org'

My website started being just a documentation website for my traineeship
(part of traineeship required me to document everything I have learned)
then it because just a point of reference for myself when I was setting up
my Linux servers for my job. I started getting so many hits and questions
about things I thought it might be a good idea to turn it into something
that will really help the community at large.

But isn't variety the spice of life & if we wanted to make everyone do
thing one way and only offer one choice then wouldn't we just me
Microsoft?

> This was one of the frustrating things about OpenZaurus, when I was
> using a Sharp Zaurus as my PDA.  There's about 5 different sites
> dedicated to it, all with different content, some contradictory, and
> much of it without timestamps, so you had no idea which article was newer.

Date stamps, thats probably a good idea to try and put on my articles.

> Having said that, the articles look very well done (except for not
> having the aforementioned "born on date").  That's some great writing.

Thanks!

> Oh, am I the only one who read the acronym too quickly as OSH*T?  Maybe
> that's appropriate, though   ;)

lol, I didn't notice that, but your right, if someone esle mentions is
I'll just say it's an inside joke about the amount of Linux documentation
out there.

> --
> believed to be clean.

OpenSourceHowTo.org