verizon with Hauppage 350

James Kramer wrote:
> Does anyone know if FIOS can work with MythTV and the Hauppage 350?
> ...I am afraid to try it out.
> My thought is maybe there is some way to decode the signal.

A Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350?

That card has an ordinary analog tuner, so yes, it should work fine. As
noted in my earlier posting, the FIOS CATV service is compatible with
cable-ready TVs, so it conforms to regular analog cable specifications.

The more interesting questions is has anyone tried:

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 ATSC/Analog Hybrid Tuner
http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hvr1600.html

HDHomeRun Networked Digital TV Tuner
http://www.silicondust.com/?act=viewProd&productId=5

or any other digital video tuner card with Comcast or Verizon and been
able to tune in digital channels? My understanding is that some digital
tuners support the QAM64/256 standard used by cable systems (I see it
specifically mentioned for HDHomeRun, but not the WinTV-HVR-1600), and
can receive unencrypted digital channels.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA