IIC Internet Virtual servers

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> From the Verizon web site:
> "Verizon FiOS Internet Service consumer packages include 10 MB of
> personal Web space. The consumer offers do not permit customers to host
> any type of server, personal or commercial".

That's sort of ridiculous.  I know these are lawyers writing this and not
technical people, but technically an (non-passive) ftp client acts as a server
for the data channel.  I'm sure there are lots of other examples of "consumer"
software that actually use some sort of server port on the "client-side" in
their protocol.

Even if I can close my eyes to the dumbness of the words used, I can't
understand the the motivation behind the intent of the statement.  Why do they
want to restrict customers?  Does it cost them money?  Or are they just afraid
you'll actually use the amount of bandwidth that they're advertising is
available to you...

Matt

believed to be clean.