[Bulk] Re: On the Job Hunt

gboyce wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, D Eric Chadbourne wrote:
>
>> I post my resume on monster.com and like the next day this company
>> called toospoiled.com contacts me to work for them.  Website admin.
>> Wow, it's like a dream come true.  Health benefits and all!
>>
>> It's hard to describe exactly what got my attention.  All the alarm
>> bells started going off.  But I firmly believe that it's a network of
>> websites designed merely to get your personal information and then
>> take advantage of you.  They haven't got my SSN or anything like that
>> but they sure are trying hard.
>>
>> So just a warning about toospoiled.com and shame on monster for giving
>> my info to these guys.  (I'm going to bitch at monster directly in my
>> next email.)
>
> I did a quick search and found this:
> http://www.klaasdevriesjr.nl/k-files/talentrock/toospoiled_impactww_talent_palooza_scam.htm
>

> TooSpoiled, the next Impactww. New scam: eBandsearch
>
> Most likely you found this site, because you got an invitation that you
> weren't too sure about. Your gut feeling was correct. It is all a big
> scam. The con-artist behind it is named Ayman Ahmed el Difrawi (aka Alec
> Defrawy aka Alex Simon / Siman aka David Katz aka...), allegedly with
> Ralph Edward Bell and Cortes Randell in the background. Defrawy is as
> always hiding behind puppets, mainly his telemarketing sales director
> Michael Fomkin. This mob used to be together in a line of talent
> scouting and job scams, from Emodel.com (BBB / press) up to Lou
> Pearlman's Wilhelmina Scouting Network WSN / Trans Continental Talent
> TCT (BBB) and Fashion Rock (BBB). Just use any search engine to dig up
> tons of well-documented dirt. Twisting the truth is all they know.

ha! that's interesting.

these dirt bags just won't give up.  i got another email offering me a
position at http://www.worldvoicenews.com/  i'll bet anybody 100:1 that
it's another fishing site run by the same group of schmucks.

i let monster know.

--
- D Eric Chadbourne
http://www.newmag.org/

It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.  By
definition, there are already enough people to do that.  - G. H. Hardy

believed to be clean.