Rsync backups and VMWare binary blobs

On 3/14/07, John Abreau <jabr at gapps.blu.org> wrote:
> How do others back up their VMware guests? I'm using
> VMWare Workstation, and I generally leave the guest systems
> in a suspended state when I'm not actively using them.

VMware has a feature called 'snapshots'.  Use it :-)  However, it
won't save you if you actually lose the virtual disk.  Because of this
abstraction, it is difficult to deal with.  That's why VMware created
the VMFS file system that is used in ESX server.  It can do diffs of
virtual disks.  However, you will pay a lot more than a Workstation
license to get that feature.  Maybe someone else has a better
suggestion?
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.