easy gui

Matthew Gillen wrote:
> Stephen Adler wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> What, in your opinion, is the easiest gui software. PerlTK, or what
>> ever. I need to setup a test procedure which is script based and an easy
>> gui where the operator clicks a button which kicks off a script would be
>> best.
>>

> Check out 'zenity' from gnome.  Built for exactly this kind of thing.
>
> Matt

This is almost perfect. I would like to be able to display a menu, and
when clicking on the menu button item, a shell script executes. The
return status of the shell script could set the background color of the
menu button. (Green success, red failure.) A quick look through zenity
didn't show anything. I could repop up the window using a while [ 1 ];
do; case etc; So that every time you click on a menu button zanity
exists and you rexecute zanity at the top of the loop.

believed to be clean.