video editing

    Matthew> Check this thread; this guy seems to think he figured out
    Matthew> how to get ffmpeg to convert to type 2 DV format (which
    Matthew> is something Kino claims to support; YMMV as I've only
    Matthew> ever used the "raw" DV format with kino):
    Matthew> http://www.arcknowledge.com/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/2004-09/msg00024.html

Thanks, this seems to work.  I ignored all the discussion of the exact
options and used:

 ffmpeg -i *.MPG -target ntsc-dv ffmpeg.dv

And Kino seems to be happy with ffmpeg.dv.

So now how do I get Kino to put in titles?  When I go to the "Insert
before" option on the "files" menu, it says, "Choose a dv or SMIL
file to insert". I gather an SMIL file is the format Kino uses to save
its work.  I don't have a problem with creating my titles in another
program, but how do I get them into Kino?

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011

believed to be clean.