video editing

    Matthew> Here's the deal with editing: Kino can do simple editing
    Matthew> and effects while your video is in DV format.  Kino can't
    Matthew> edit MPEG though.  Cinerella can edit MPEG but not DV (at
    Matthew> least I couldn't get it to edit DV).  So once you convert
    Matthew> it to MPEG (kino has a gui for exporting to various
    Matthew> formats), and if you erase your original DV files, you
    Matthew> won't be able to edit the video anymore using Kino.

My problem is that I don't have an original DV file, because that
isn't what these cameras do.  So I can't figure out how to get Kino to
do anything.  The documentation implies that it will convert to DV if
you tell it what you want, but that hasn't happened yet.  I might be
able to figure out the mencoder magic for converting to DV.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011

believed to be clean.