video editing

On 3/8/07, Laura Conrad <sunny at laymusic.org> wrote:

> I have attempted unsuccessfully to use Cinelerra.  Is there something
> a bit closer in interface to moviemaker?  I'm not trying to make
> Hollywood sit up and take notice -- just to get some stuff uploaded to
> youtube for my family and friends.

I used kino about 5 years ago for pulling video off my DV camcorder
and trimming it. At the time, kino was fairly bare-bones, but on the
mailing list for kino there was a lot of discussion about its ultimate
goal of becoming the Linux equivalent of Apple's iMovie. Presumably
they've gotten closer to that goal in the past five years. Kino was
pretty solid back then, for the features it had already implemented
at that point.

    http://www.kinodv.org/

GnuPG KeyID: 0xD5C7B5D9 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
GnuPG FP: 72 FB 39 4F 3C 3B D6 5B E0 C8 5A 6E F1 2C BE 99

believed to be clean.