RCN DNS?

On 3/5/07, Scott R Ehrlich <scott at mit.edu> wrote:
> About a month ago the DNS server RCN provides them went south, so I pointed
> their PC to another, more reliable, DNS server.   Routing now seems dead, as
> DNS has again failed.   The DNS I pointed them to is just a couple hops away
> and is 100% reliable.

Comcast DNS also has issues.  I always set my DNS to a few custom
chosen servers, but 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 have never let me down :-)
They are owned by Verizon...

> If RCN is unable to fix the problem, it would be no problem to switch them to
> Comcast.   I have had next to no problems with Comcast since I started using
> them about 6 years ago.

I had many issues with RCN, such as they restrict torrent traffic and
even the execs have an public opinion on it.  I would understand if
torrent traffic was 100% illegitimate, but I use it to
download/distribute Linux ISO images, and RCN rate limits such usage
as well.  Read below:
http://www.broadbandreports.com/shownews/71579

Comcast is not the greatest either, but I can't get FIOS where I am.
Once we are able to get FIOS, then I will no longer be a Comcast
customer :-)
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.