democracy TV

On 3/1/07, James Kramer <kramerjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't have time to try this internet high definition TV software but
it
> is suppose to be good with 1000 free internet channels
> http://www.getdemocracy.com/

I've been following the project for a year+ (since DTV) and used to lurk
on the dev list.  There's a few guys working on the player and it's
steadily improving.  Cross platform, supports multiple formats.  FREE.

The Broadcast Machine on the other hand hasn't been updated in a long
while and is lacking in many ways.  I noticed earlier this week BM2 is in
the works but I don't know how far along it is.  I've asked on their
forums if I can get a beta to play around with but no answer yet.
Hopefully soon.

Their website (videobomb) functions but also lacks some basic features
(such as being able to delete a video you've submitted but changed your
mind about).  But I haven't checked it out in a couple of months and maybe
they've fixed that particular problem.

I would like to see this group do well.  If I were better at PHP I'd apply
for their latest job opening.

Eric C.  - the one who loves free media.

This message (including any attachments) contains information that
may be confidential to Koninklijke Ahold N.V. or its group entities.
If you are the intended recipient, you are authorized to use the
information only as expressly authorized by Ahold and must strictly
adhere to applicable security procedures, including without
limitation the following:
- You must protect files using the password and level of protection
in which the file was provided to you; and
- You may transmit files only as necessary for the task you are
assigned using secure systems and appropriate encryption means.
If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender
by reply e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message
(including any attachments). Please direct any questions to the
sender of this message.
believed to be clean.