issue tracking system

I'm assuming bug tracking is a small subset of the greater world of
issue tracking.
This being said, I would assume bug trackers are fine tuned to tracking bugs
in a software project where you can tag a bug to a module of a software
project
for version X. Issue tracking gets down to managing an effort to do what
ever.
(Build a rocket, setup a business, prepare for a marketing event, and
managing
all the tasks that go with reaching said goal.)

How does that sound?

Kevin D. Clark wrote:
>> Are you looking for a ticketing system or a bug tracking system?
>> People often treat them interchangably, but there is often differences
>> in functionality.
>>

> Never being afraid to ask stupid questions, I'll ask:  what do people
> think is the difference between issue tracking and bug tracking?
>
> I (apparently) have only hazy understanding here, this is why I ask.
> If it helps, I am somebody who setup and admin'd a Bugzilla server at
> $past_job.
>

> Another related question: how are people using trac's integration with
> svn?  To see what files/lines changed in order to fix a certain issue,
> or something more?
>

> Thanks!
>
> --kevin

believed to be clean.