RPM dependencies kicking my a**

Kristian Hermansen wrote:
> On 2/20/07, Matthew Gillen <me at mattgillen.net> wrote:
>> It's always something of a crap shoot when you use more than one
>> non-official
>> repo, especially when it comes to mplayer-related packages.
>
> True.  Ubuntu has everything you need in the official repos if you get
> stuck using FC6.

Not to start a distro flame-war, but the reason that stuff is included in
Ubuntu's official repos is that Ubuntu is virtually alone among the
non-commercial distros in that it includes non-free (license- and/or
patent-encumbered) software in the "official" distribution (unlike Debian or
Fedora)...

Whether you think that is a good thing or not depends on how much religion you
have about free software principles.   To be fair, I'll admit that Fedora's
(and likewise, Debian's) situation is kind of pain for users who want things
to work out-of-the-box.

Matt

believed to be clean.